Monday, February 22, 2010

Sitting in the presence of myself…..

Sitting in the room where I write brings forth a force of emotion. As I sit at my cheap desk made of plywood, which has cup rings from coffee mugs and Nestle water bottles, that I purchased from Wal-mart ions ago, reminds of when I attempted to write my first “NOVEL”, that is currently still in progress. This desk in its worn state eludes a presence of peace and comfort. The prologue and two chapters sit in a nice purple plastic see through folder on the top right hand corner under a bejeweled gift box a friend bought me as a souvenir from India is vying for the attention it has been craving for over 3 years. Needless to stay, I constantly ignore the folder. This desk dominates the entire room, however with my passion for the flair of color; the walls are painted Candy Apple red which takes me back to a time when my teeth could stand red caramelized sugar coating on candied apples at the Central Florida fair. The walls have invaded the turf of the worn out desk. The desk has tried many attempts to fight back and over power the aggressively colorful wall, by forming a bond with the rainbow correlation of office paraphernalia scattered all over in cluttered organized piles only I can decode when something seeks my attention. These items work together collectively to demand its presence in the bright room by forcing upon me and many others a unique personality of sheer dominance. For example the oh so eloquent picture frame, hand made by my son with card board from a cereal box, covered with a colorful array of popsicle sticks (red, yellow, orange, purple and green) Elmer’s glue, which is visible on the edge of the sticks, and little crushed worn flower pedals in each corner holds a memory so close to my heart…family. The picture the frame features all 3 of my children as they pose melodramatically at the family picnic fighting playfully to be the central focus on the photo.

The drapery another of my favorite pieces is actually a shower curtain. I stare at the multi-colored curtain made up of burnt orange, dusty browns; sunflower gold with a snippet of strings of silver and gold glitter, and wonder does anybody know…how much inspiration I have derived from this (shower) curtain that covers the largest window in my home. Looking out the window between the curtains takes me to a place far from where I am but familiar enough to be comfortable within myself. The curtains embrace the chill in the air that gives me goose bumps all over by allowing the rays of the sun and its silhouette to gleam through its sheer existence into the room to warm only the right side of my body. I love my dual purpose curtain; it shows my personality (fun, daring, exciting and peaceful).

This room in all is corky glory is an important part of my self expression…..

No comments:

Post a Comment