Monday, February 27, 2012

Can we talk?

Can we talk?
Honestly, I really just need you to listen.
Migraine à Tension headache + Blood pressure = HOT MESS


Migraine: A migraine headache can cause intense throbbing or pulsing in one area of the head and is commonly accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine attacks can cause significant pain for hours to days and be so severe that all you can think about is finding a dark, quiet place to lie down. (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120)

Tension headache: A tension headache is generally a diffuse, mild to moderate pain that's often described as feeling like a tight band around your head. A tension headache — or tension-type headache as it's medically known — is the most common type of headache, and yet its causes aren't well understood (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tension-headache/DS00304)


After what seemed like a long weekend of painful darkness it was time to go back to work. Tylenol had a fight on its hands and from the way things turned out, it lost. I finally broke down and went to the onsite clinic at work. The Dr. did confirm that my bp was elevated however that was not the culprit. The pain medication was fighting a loosing battle with my headache plus raising my blood pressure. 

I went from a migraine to tension headache which is now holding me hostage. It is now day # 5 and the pain has not let up. The tension behind my eyes is pulling so hard, I look as if I am in a constant state of “Im about to cry”, my neck and shoulders are balled up in knots I look like the Lou Furigno in transition of turning into the hulk. And because I am eating pain pills like candy its running my BP bazooka, not to mention my liver is in jeopardy of a nervous breakdown. The Dr has approved my BP meds in addition to advising that I see a chiropractor for a massage and a therapist for the stress. It was hard to tell but I don’t know if he was offering or suggesting. (wink wink)

My hubby suggested and had the nerve to tell me to fight thru my stress.
Him “You a soldier remember!”
Me “Please do not make me cuss! If I was in soldier mode right about now I would kill certain folks in words with what is really on my mind”
Last night my hubby and kids convinced me that  the hot tub/whirl pool and sauna at the gym would do the trick.  Needless to say it was a temporary fix. I came home balled up in bed with headache in tow. NOTHING is WORKING #sick
Who parted the Red Sea?
Someone I love dearly, and whom shall remain nameless called me yesterday to invite me into a debate at work.  Who parted the red sea?
Her:“Tiffany, who parted the red sea, it was Jesus right?”
Me:“No, it was not Jesus!”
Her: “I knew it, it was Noah right, Noah parted the red sea”
Me: “No heffa, it was Moses!!! Are you serious? Moses was leading his people from Egypt and he parted the red sea. Noah built an Arc when God destroyed the earth due to sin.”
Her: “I know his Arc parted the sea”
Me: “I am so embarrassed. We went to Sunday school, vacation bible school and bible class.
Let me tell you, I was shocked. The whole thing was funny but not. The nerve to have me on speaker phone and spouting out Jesus and Noah as if it was the right answer. Folks were laughing in the background. I do not know why I am surprised, she is truly a blond in a black woman’s body.
Exodus 14:15 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. 16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground. 17 I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. 18 The Egyptians will know that I am the LORD when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen.” http://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+14&version=NIV)
LET MY PEOPLE GO……(literally)

Fish Pond anyone?
This game is played in India (at work)....
Each person on the team (or family member) anonymously write something on a piece a paper i.e. issue, frustration, feedback about someone.  Include the name of the person being addressed then the note is placed in a container.  One person is selected to pick the notes from the bucket and read to the group.
This is a perfect way to release frustration, vent without being confrontational. This way the receiver does not feel like they are being attacked and can address the group with a response.
My comment: This game would not work here in the US especially if the group in question is a bunch of woman. The feedback would be taken personally, and a fight would break out. However it may work in family setting. Play at your own risk.
Bonus Ventilation:
Big Ang on Wendy Williams show
Please tell me all you Wendy Williams fans, saw Big Ang from Mob Wives on her show the other day. Wendy touched very lightly (in my opinion) on the plastic surgery. Frankly I was scared, not only at them protruding lips, deep socket eyes but that voice. Big Ang has a very nice personality, seems drama free and comfy in her own skin but I find it inconceivable that someone would do that to themselves on purpose.
Can someone say “INTERVENTION”!
That thyroid riding her vocal cords like a horse needs to be addressed ASAP! Now that is a surgery worth investing in Big Ang!




No comments:

Post a Comment