Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2nd Annual Clothing Swap, Shot & Network‏

Saturday April 18, 2009 was a day to remember. Woman of all colors and backgrounds came together for a common goal....to help others and each other.

Helping one another: Supporting my fellow females entrepueners in their endeavors and growth is a ease of heart of mind. So many times we (sisters) work against each other, talk about, put down, and beat down one another on so many levels. I myself am guilty of looking sideways, and commenting negatively about someone for their hair, walk, talk or whatever my jealous spirit will evoke at a moment. As I grow younger, there is a glow of maturity that follows me..so now when I see my sister of any color, my comments are "You Go Gurl"... for being successful, pretty, in shape, smart, and having class and style. And instead of bringing her down, I bring myself up by asking "how do you do it"?

My girl Joy in this picture with me is so talented. There is no description for how talented this woman is in so many areas of interest. Art, cooking, promoting, entertaining, writing and bringing people together are many of her talents. Wrapperlicious.com is on the MAP!

Honorable mention: Stacy Ayers and Lashun Powers
Blog post from last year and still relevant!

No comments:

Post a Comment