Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poetry Corner

I got FLOWERS today..


We had our first argument last night,
he said  a lot of cruel
things that really hurt me.
I know he is sorry and he didn't mean the things he said
Because he sent me flowers today

I got flowers today. It wasn't our anniversary or
any other special day.
 Last night he threw me into a wall
and choked me.
It seemed like a nightmare,
I couldn't believe it was real.
I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over
 I know he must be sorry
 Because he sent me flowers today,

I got flowers today, and it wasn't mother's day or any other special day.

Last night, he beat me up again,
it was much worse than all the
other times.
 If I leave him what will I do?
How will I take care of my kids?
What about money?
I'm afraid of him and scared to leave.
But I know he must be sorry because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today,
Today was a very special day,
It was the day of my funeral.
Last night, he finally killed me.
He beat me to death.
If only I had gathered enough courage to leave him I would not have gotten flowers today....




No comments:

Post a Comment